Celebrate Summer with Friends for a Good Cause
E.J. Whitten Foundation Moonee Valley race Night Returns on 22 February 2019
The E.J. Whitten Foundation, one of earliest men’s health charities established in Australia, continues its advocacy for men’s health by kicking off its event year with a night of summer racing at Moonee Valley on Friday February 22, 2019.
“Last year was the Foundation’s biggest year ever in terms of fundraising and awareness and we are excited to keep the momentum going in 2019” said E.J. Whitten Foundation Executive Director, Ted Whitten. “Everything we do is aimed at inspiring men to take charge of their health and build awareness that a simple annual health check with the Doctor may save your life”.
E.J. Whitten Foundation CEO, Nick Holland said “the Foundation raised almost $700,000 in 2018 towards cancer research and treatment and this helped with the development of the E.J. Whitten Foundation Prostate Cancer Research Centre at Epworth Hospital.”
“In addition, the Foundation funded world leading cancer research at Monash University as well as extending the “Time to Test”, men’s health awareness program to reach over 187,000 people.” said Holland
The Foundation is hoping to make 2019 another successful year of inspiring men to be physically, mentally and socially healthy, and the Charity Race Night on 22 February is a great way to get together with friends to have some fun and support a good cause.
“There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done” said Ted “and we need everyone’s support to spread the “Time to Test” message and help us raise funds for cancer research and treatment.”
To help the Foundation fight the “good fight” for men’s health please:
- Join us at the J. Whitten Foundation Moonee Valley Race Night on Friday 22 February 2019.
- Tickets are $220 per person, can be booked at ejwhittenfoundation.com.au and include racing, entertainment, music and a 3 course meal and drinks in the Committee Room at the Valley
- Spread the “Time to Test” message that an annual visit to the GP for a men’s health check could save your life on your social platforms and tag @ejwhittenfoundation
- Go to ejwhittenfoundation.com.au to donate or participate in one of our events.
Men’s Health Facts
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in Australia;
- Each year, more than 3,400 Australian men die from prostate cancer;
- More men die of prostate cancer than women die of breast cancer;
- Australian men are also more susceptible to mental health issues than their Australian female counterparts with 2,000 Australian men dying every year from suicide.
E.J. Whitten Foundation Tips for men’s Health
- Get an annual health check with the Doctor: Remember its “Time to Test”.
- Physical activity/exercise: Try to exercise at least 30 minutes each day. A walk, play sport, lift weights etc
- Diet: Eat meals that are nutritious, avoid excessively fatty, salty or sugary foods. Look for food that is good for the heart and good for the prostate.
- Make time for your mates: Your mates are important for your social and mental well-being. Having someone to talk to has been linked to a longer, healthier life.
Connect with the E.J. Whitten Foundation on:
- Facebook @ejwhittenfoundation
- Instagram @ejwhittenfoundation
- Twitter @EJWFoundation
- Website: ejwhittenfoundation.com.au
Contact: Nick Holland, E.J. Whitten Foundation / email@example.com / 0416162292
Media Interviews: Ted Whitten, E.J. Whitten Foundation / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0419 324 259
About the E.J Whitten Foundation:
The E.J. Whitten Foundation is one of the earliest Australian men’s health charities established in 1995 to perpetuate the memory of AFL Hall of Fame Legend, E.J. Whitten, who died prematurely from prostate cancer. In his final years E.J. used his public status to be an advocate for men’s health.
The Foundation has raised over $13 million for cancer research and treatment and aims to inspire men to take charge of their health and save lives.
To donate, or learn more, please visit www.ejwhittenfoundation.com.au